Project Management (with test prep)
Course Code: CPD132
Duration: 80 hours, 6 months
This completely online and self-paced project management program builds successful project managers at all levels of the organization. It provides a comprehensive preparation for the PMP®certification exam including exam-taking tips, 12 comprehensive module quizzes, five process group tests, and two full-length, 200-question practice exams covering the PMBOK® Guide areas of knowledge, which will provide a report to help you determine your areas of weakness.
After completing this Project Management course, you will be able to:
- Describe how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed
- Identify the five stages of a project life cycle and explain how these stages can overlap in time
- Create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant
- Discuss the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes
- Explain how a project’s various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed
- Describe how to effectively manage human resources and engage all stakeholders
- Recognize the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project
- Explain how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guide can be used in practice
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices about how to become a more effective project manager. By submitting a question via the course’s Ask the Expert link, you get access to project managers who will answer your questions within 24-48 hours.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course utilizes vocabulary games, crossword puzzles, flashcards, ordering games, drag-and-drop activities, and other interactive components to help you master the material.
After successful completion, you will receive 35 PDUs/contact hours to qualify to take the PMI Project Management Professional® Exam. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second 200-question practice test.
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
Module 2: Project Integration Management Processes for Projects
Module 3: Key Project Scope Management Concepts
Module 4: Time Management Processes
Module 5: Project Cost Management Processes
Module 6: Project Quality Management Processes
Module 7: Human Resources Management
Module 8: Project Communication Management Processes
Module 9: Project Risk Management
Module 10: Project Procurement Management
Module 11: Practice Examination and Exam Strategy Self Assessment
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), 5th edition
- PC – Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later or Mac OS X or later
- Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet connection (high-speed recommended) and a working e-mail account
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
MINDEDGE GUARANTEE: Learners who pass this course’s final self-assessment (Practice Exam #2) with a score of 70 or higher on their first attempt, but who do not pass the PMI PMP® exam, will be able to take the MindEdge PMP® test prep course again for free. To be eligible, students must take the PMI PMP® exam within 45 days of completing the MindEdge course and passing the MindEdge practice exam.