Business Marketing Design
Course Code: CPD174
Duration: 360 hours hours, 6 months
Prior to registering for a program, we ask that you review the Sessions College Handbook
to ensure that you are able to abide by all the policies and schedules.
The Business Marketing Design Professional Certificate introduces the in-demand software that a marketing designer needs to know: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. You will build a skill set in digital image preparation and vector illustration while applying foundation design concepts in color, typography, and identity design. Your portfolio at the end of the program will contain a wide range of identity and marketing campaign pieces.
The goal of the Marketing Design Certificate program is to impart the fundamental technical and aesthetic skills required to design marketing, advertising, and promotional materials in a business environment. In the program, you will develop the technical, creative/visual, and business skills for entry-level professional work.
- Digital Imaging
- Your work will demonstrate entry-level professional Photoshop skills and effective decisions in selecting and editing images. You will be able to improve images for professional publication by retouching and correction, and create realistic or imaginative images by compositing or collage.
- You will develop distinctive color palettes based on the principles of color harmony. Your work will exhibit a sophisticated use of color and contrast, the ability to research colors and make choices that are appropriate for each client and project.
- Vector Art
- You will develop entry-level professional skills in creating vector art illustrations in Illustrator, using shape drawing and freehand drawing tools, Pen tool, type tools, and basic effects. You will be able to create simple, stylized logos, icons, and illustrations for effective visual communication.
- You will be able to research and select appropriate typefaces and design typography to support the branding or communication goal of a particular client or project. You will demonstrate the ability to organize text into a clear, readable information hierarchy in page layouts while using display type for impact and expression.
- You will be able to analyze basic marketing principles and strategies, and identify the three major eras of marketing, the primary categories of marketing activities, and the types of marketing pieces most commonly designed. You can analyze a target market, interpret mission and vision statements, and interpret a marketing plan.
- Logo Design
- You will be able to use a professional, iterative design process to develop a logo design that meets client goals. You are able to apply an understanding of branding and typography to create simple, graphically appealing logo/identity designs.
- Identity Design
- You will develop skill in researching and developing an effective concept for the visual identity of a company or organization. Your work will show a basic proficiency in creating and applying an identity in various design contexts, including business card, letterhead, ads, and storefront.
- Marketing Design
- You will develop the ability to create effective marketing design for campaigns in different print media and interactive formats. Your work shows the ability to convey a simple, engaging visual message that helps a business client fulfill a specific marketing goal, and you are able to write about and present your work to clients professionally.
4218 Photoshop Basics
4017 Color Theory
4226 Illustrator Basics
4221 Fundamentals of Typography
6011 Intro To Marketing
4211 Fundamentals of Logo Design
4014 Branding and Identity
4050 Marketing Design
This program consists of eight required modules. For a full description of each program module please click on this link.
- A Windows-based or Macintosh computer that meets manufacturers’ requirements for required software in the program.
- Access to the Internet
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or CC
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 or CC
- Program Concentrations may involve additional requirements.
* SOFTWARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE PROGRAM. *
*Upon registering, you’re given an initial 24 weeks to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the 24 weeks, extensions of $25 per month are available.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR(S)
Outlines are subject to change.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 888-647-2388 ext. 11-8211