Course Code: CPD170
Duration: 360 hours, 6 months*
FOR VA STUDENTS: Students utilizing VA educational benefits for this course may be put on a wait list until a seat becomes available, per the requirements of the DVA 85/15 Rule. If you have any questions on this policy you may refer to our Military page or contact us directly.
Prior to registering for a program, we ask that you review the Sessions College Handbook
to ensure that you are able to abide by all the policies and schedules.
The Professional Certificate program focuses on visual design fundamentals, software, and standards-based Web page coding in HTML and CSS, including HTML5 and CSS3. Your Web design portfolio at the end of the certificate program will include published Web sites that showcase your front-end visual designs and your coding skills.
The goal of the Web Design Certificate program is to prepare you for a professional career as a Web designer. In the program, you will develop the technical, creative/visual, and communication skills for entry-level professional work.
- Digital Imaging
- Your work will demonstrate entry-level professional Photoshop skills and effective decisions in selecting and editing images. You will be able to improve images for professional publication by retouching and correction, and create realistic or imaginative images by compositing or collage.
- You will develop distinctive color palettes based on the principles of color harmony. Your work will exhibit a sophisticated use of color and contrast, the ability to research colors and make choices that are appropriate for each client and project. Web Scripting
- You will be able to create standards-compliant Web page layouts by hand-coding using HTML and CSS and publish them to the Web. You can create fixed and fluid multi-column page layouts using basic HTML to organize information and CSS to control presentation.
- You will be able to research and select appropriate typefaces and design typography to support the branding or communication goal of a particular client or project. You will demonstrate the ability to organize text into a clear, readable information hierarchy in page layouts while using display type for impact and expression.
- Web Editor
- You will be able to design professional-level, valid HTML Web sites using Dreamweaver and publish them to the Web. You can create consistent, visually appealing page designs using CSS to control presentation (typography, color, layout, and positioning).
- Web Design
- You will use a professional design process for Web design including competitive research, mood boards, site maps and wireframes, color design and imagery, development of CSS layouts, and basic usability testing. Your work shows the ability to design professional-level Web page layouts with attention to usability principles: consistent navigation, clear visual hierarchy, and intuitive interface design.
4218 Photoshop Basics
4017 Color Theory
4226 HTML And CSS Essentials
4221 Fundamentals Of Typography
5300 Dreamweaver I
5013 Web Design I
This program consists of seven required modules. For a full description of each program module please click on this link.
- A Windows-based or Macintosh computer that meets manufacturers’ requirements for required software in the program.
- Access to the Internet
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 or CC
- An account with an ad-free Web hosting service. The HTML and CSS Essentials course will provide information to help you meet this requirement if you do not already.
- Program Concentrations may involve additional requirements.
*SOFTWARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THIS PROGRAM.*
*Upon registering, you’re given an initial 24 weeks to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the 24 weeks, extensions of $25 per month are available. Students using VA benefits should refer to the Military page of our site to review the differences between online program access and VA rates of pursuit.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR(S)
Outlines are subject to change.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-647-2388 ext. 11-8211