Web Design using Adobe Dreamweaver
Course Code: CPD163
Duration: 180 hours hours, 6 months
Upon successful completion of the Web Design using Adobe Dreamweaver program, you’ll know how to:
- Navigate the Dreamweaver interface and access the full range of tools, panels, and commands.
- Publish a Web page to a Web server using Dreamweaver FTP and accurate link paths.
- Format text, links, and page backgrounds consistently and creatively using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Use CSS as an efficient and flexible method of page layout design.
- Present text and image data effectively using tables.
- Add Flash, HTML5 video, and other multimedia to Web pages.
- Create working navigation bars using hyperlinks, CSS3, and jQuery.
- Develop fluid grid layouts that effectively respond to user device and browser size.
- Troubleshoot and repair broken links and other basic Web site flaws.
- Use hand coding to create valid HTML and HTML5 pages, structuring page content semantically, adding links, and embedding images.
- Use hand coding to create HTML data tables and customize them by modifying rows, columns, dimensions, spacing, borders, and background.
- Add audio and video to Web pages using HTML5 audio and video tags.
- Test, troubleshoot, and validate Web pages, and apply fixes for cross-browser compatibility.
- Apply CSS styles to an HTML document through inline CSS, internal style sheet, or external style sheet.
- Apply CSS rules to specific content in an HTML document using classes, IDs, divs, and spans.
- Set and manipulate the typography on a Web page: fonts, colors, weights, styles, variants, decorations, and spacing.
- Style lists, links, and box-level elements on a Web page.
- Create fixed and fluid column layouts using relative positioning, absolute positioning, and floats.
- Create a basic HTML form containing text fields, radio buttons, checkboxes, menus, and input buttons.
- Apply special visual effects to page elements and create horizontal and vertical list-based navigation using CSS3.
- Employ CSS floats to create advanced fixed, liquid, elastic, and hybrid layouts.
- Use absolute positioning in CSS to develop precision Web layouts.
- Use reporting features to check for and resolve browser issues and test developed pages for browser compatibility.
- Develop image effects, pop-up windows, and interactive navigation designs using Dreamweaver behaviors and the Spry framework for Ajax.
- Design consistent, large-scale Web sites using template files, editable template regions, and library items.
- Use form field inputs and visual design guidelines to create the front end of interactive forms.
- Search for and apply pre-made back-end scripting to process interactive forms.
- Employ mobile, tablet, and print style sheets to deliver customized layouts to users.
- Dreamweaver I
- Intro to Dreamweaver
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Fluid Grid Layouts
- Data Tables
- CSS Positioning
- jQuery, Multimedia, and Troubleshooting
- HTML and CSS Essentials
- Intro to HTML and CSS
- Building HTML Tables and Introducing HTML5
- HTML5 Multimedia and Troubleshooting
- Formatting Text with CSS
- Page Layout with CSS
- Extending HTML and CSS
- Dreamweaver II
- CSS Web Site Design
- Extending CSS
- Behaviors and Spry
- Templates and Libraries
- Form Page Design
- Mobile Web Design
The program is delivered entirely online. Students have 24/7 access to the school learning environment. No textbooks are required for the program. The program is built around award-winning online curriculum developed by Sessions College for Professional Design faculty.
All coursework and materials required to complete each course are provided in an online learning environment, including orientation materials, lectures, exercises, critique and discussion forums, videos, multimedia tools, and an online library.
This program can be taken on PC or Mac. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended. Students will need a basic familiarity with computers and must be comfortable navigating the internet. Here is a summary of requirements:
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 or CC
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver’s primary features and publishing.
- An account with a Web hosting service. Free services are available. Check with your Web host to make sure it supports Dreamweaver’s FTP protocol.
- Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks or equivalent digital imaging program is recommended but not required.
*SOFTWARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THIS PROGRAM.*