Start Your Own Business
Course Code: CPD160
Duration: 200 hours, 12 months
Entrepreneurship, the process of starting and running a business, can result in ground-breaking success. This program is for students who want to start their own business or for students who may have a business that they want to make more successful. It will walk them through the process of starting and growing a business.
This course will help you start a successful business. To accomplish this, the course will take you through the processes of generating ideas, proving feasibility, developing a bankable business plan, and approaching the start-up and operation of your business.
You will learn skills and build business knowledge in areas such as business law and marketing finance. You will also learn the elements involved in becoming a competent and successful business owner and entrepreneur.
Develop detailed knowledge of the industry you are interested in, while you develop comprehensive business strategies. Also build your business network, as you develop your plans and learn about essential business trends, such as the use of social media, globalization, and outsourcing.
Learn how to present yourself and your business ideas confidently in order to gain the desired results and resources.
The goal of this program is to take the student through the process of starting a business. At the end of the program, the student will have or will be close to beginning his or her business.
Specifically, the course will address how to do the following:
- Determine if a business is right for you
- Develop business ideas and concepts
- Establish that the business is actually realistic and feasible
- Understand legal issues and choose the best form of organization and planning the best exit for you and business
- Create a realistic and implementable business plan that will help you raise money, make the best decisions, and operate your business successfully
- Obtain the resources you need, such as money, partners, customers, and financing
- Use social media and other web strategies to build success
- First Steps in Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- What Kind of Business Is Right for You?
- Idea Generation
- Developing Your Business Concept
- Clarifying Your Business Idea
- Confirming Entrepreneurial Feasibility
- Planning For Your Business
- Management Essentials: Operations, Networking & Business Exits Introduction
- Legal Considerations
- Marketing and Web Strategies
- Developing Your Marketing Campaign
- Customer Service
- Sales And Your Business
- Employment and Labor Law
- Hiring Your First Employee
- Managing and Compensating Your Employees
- Obtaining Financial Resources (aka “Money, Money, Money”)
- Creating Complete and Convincing Financial Projections
- How to Create Financial Statements
- Getting Ready to Present Yourself and Your Business
- Your Bankable Business Plan
- Presenting Yourself and Your Business in Person
- Continuous Review and Improvement of Your Business
- Pulling It All Together
- Start Your Own Business
- The Entrepreneurial Conversation
- Bankable Business Plans for Entrepreneurial Ventures
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and can be taken on either a Mac or a PC. It is compatible on IE7 and later browsers.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.