Search Engine Optimization
Course Code: CPD117
Duration: 150 hours, 12 months
The role of Search Engine Optimization Specialist is one of today's cutting-edge jobs in a highly rewarding industry.
The Search Engine Optimization Online Training Program is a series of three bundled courses for people who want to take advantage of the global demand for search marketing staff and jump-start their career path in the fast-paced search engine industry.
This program will give you the knowledge necessary to increase the search engine visibility of your own site or client sites on the world’s most popular search engines and directories including Google, Bing and Yahoo! Completion of this series will also help to prepare you for starting your own search engine optimization business or applying for a job in the fields of SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing) or online advertising.
After successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand how Google and other search engines rank pages.
- Understand what makes a web page search engine compatible.
- Understand what type of content search engines love.
- Research and select appropriate keywords to target.
- Successfully integrate search keywords within web site copy.
- Create effective and search engine friendly web pages.
- Optimise large or complex web sites for better search rankings.
- Create effective and optimized text navigation menus.
- Use link titles and anchor text effectively.
- Monitor search positions for target search terms.
- Set up site architecture to be search engine compatible.
- Create a search engine friendly site map.
- Create a Robots.txt file.
- Track site performance using Google Webmaster Tools.
- Optimise dynamic and database-driven web sites.
- Optimise a graphic-heavy web site.
- Increase your site’s link popularity.
- Measure the effectiveness of SEO activities.
- Report meaningful web site performance data to stakeholders.
- Search Engine Optimization 101
- Introduction to SEO
- Search Engine Basics
- Search Industry Timeline
- SEO Requirements Gathering
- Keyword Research
- Title and META Tag Creation
- SEO Copywriting
- SEO Integration
- Search Engine and Directory Submission
- Search Engine Spam
- SEO Reporting and Conversion
- Search Engine Optimization 201
- Overview of SEO
- Site Architecture
- Text Content
- Dynamic Content
- Flash and Splash Pages
- Unfriendly Web Design
- Link Popularity
- Pay For Performance
- Measuring SEO ROI
- Starting Your Own SEO Business
- Elective Unit – Choice of:
- Pay Per Click Advertising 101
- Pay Per Click Advertising 201
- Web Site Copywriting 101
- Web Site Usability 101
- Article Marketing & Distribution 101
- Copywriting for Pay Per Click Advertising 101
- Link Building 101
- Keyword Research 101
- Downloadable WordPress based Lessons
- Downloadable PDF worksheets
- Downloadable Excel spreadsheets
- Extensive Internet-based resources
The following items are recommended for taking this program:
- A word-processing package such as Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, OpenOffice or MS Works
- A spreadsheet package such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, OpenOffice or MS Works
- A printer (if you want to print the lessons)
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems, Linux Ubuntu and Mac. It’s also compatible with Firefox, Chrome, IE 7 and later browsers.
You’ll need the following items to take this program:
- A PC or Macintosh computer / laptop
- A reliable Internet connection (high-speed broadband or wireless is recommended)
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader (Available free - click here)
- Access to an e-mail client or Internet-based e-mail account
*To complete the program successfully, you’ll need to pass your assignments, quizzes and final exam with an overall average grade of 70% or better. By doing so, you’ll earn the Search Engine College Seal of Certification for display on your Web site, and the Search Engine College Certificate of Training to display in your office or include on your resume. *