Professional Bookkeeping with Quick Books 2013 (software included)
Course Code: CPD159
Duration: 140 hours, 6 months
Prepare for a career in the high-demand field of bookkeeping and accounting, as you master QuickBooks 2013, the leading financial software tool for small businesses. Even with no bookkeeping experience, you can prepare do professional bookkeeping for a small business with this course. This online program teaches you to plan a budget, manage payroll systems, and manage accounting. It also makes you aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods, giving you the proper credentials you need to practice bookkeeping with confidence.
This program not only teaches you proficiency with QuickBooks 2013 software, it also teaches you to master everything from basic accounting to double-entry bookkeeping. Hands-on activities help you learn skills like planning a budget, managing a payroll, and handling accounts receivable and accounts payable. In addition, the program makes you aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods, giving you the proper credentials you need to practice bookkeeping with confidence.
Complete work in this program that will prepare you to handle bookkeeping for a small business. Learn how to use QuickBooks 2013, the leading small business financial software program.
Master skills including:
- Performing basic bookkeeping equations
- Setting up QuickBooks
- Entering data accurately
- Managing bookkeeping
- Using double-entry accounting
- Understanding the impacts of debits and credits for all account types
- Bookkeeping Defined
- The Journal and the Ledger
- Special Journals and the Worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing the Books
- Merchandising Accounts
- Depreciation and Checking Accounts
- Petty Cash and Interest
- Payroll, Partnerships, and Corporations
Bookkeeping with QuickBooks
- Getting Started
- The Chart of Accounts
- Company Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Accounts Payable I
- Accounts Payable II
- Accounts Receivable I
- Accounts Receivable II
- Accounts Receivable III
- Inventory and Estimating
- Bookkeeping Made Simple
- QuickBooks 2013 software
The program functions best with high-speed Internet. You need access to Microsoft Word and Excel to complete the assignments. This program is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and more recent operating systems and functions best Internet Explorer 7 and higher.
The QuickBooks 2013 software provided for the course is only PC-compatible, so you must have a PC to access the software.
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7, you need the following: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- For Windows XP, you will need the following: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.8 GB free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
Upon registering, you will receive an initial six months to complete the program. Should you need more time, you may request a six month extension at no additional charge.