Payroll Practice and Management
Course Code: CPD001
Duration: 80 hours, 6
Upon successful completion of the Payroll Practice and Management program, you’ll:
- Learn the basic and advanced skills for those in or about to begin work in the payroll industry.
- Be prepared to sit for the Fundamentals of Payroll Certification (FPC) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) examination.
- Module 1: Payroll Concepts: Introduction to payroll, Employee/Independent Contractor; Fair Labor Standards; Employment Forms
- Module 2: Payroll Calculations: Calculation of Over time Premium; Calculation of Gross Pay; Calculation of Federal Income Tax; Calculation of Social Security and Medicare Taxes; Calculation of AEIC; Calculation of Voluntary Deductions; Calculation of Involuntary Deductions; Calculations of Net Pay
- Module 3: Fringe Benefits: Fringe Benefits Rules; Nontaxable Benefits; Cafeteria Plans, Retirement Plans
- Module 4: Payroll Reporting and Employment Taxes: Tax Deposit Requirements; Quarterly Returns, Annual Returns;
- Module 5: Record Keeping and Payroll Practices: Systems; Penalties
- Module 6: Payroll Accounting: Accounting Terminology, Account Classification; Journal Entries; Reconciliations; Internal Control
- Module 7: Administration: Customer Service; Time Management; Communication
Click HERE for a detailed outline of lessons
The FPC and CPP certification exams are administered at Pearson VUE testing sites worldwide. Please click here to find out more about eligibility for the FPC & CPP exam.
- Mac or Windows XP/Vista/7 operating system
- Word processing program (e.g., Microsoft Word) and Adobe Acrobat Reader
Internet access (high-speed connection recommended)