Course Code: CPD196
Duration: 40 hours, 6 months
Upon successful completion of the Payroll Mastery program, you’ll:
- Learn advanced skills for those experienced working in the payroll industry.
- Be prepared to sit for the Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP) examination.
- Module 1: Payroll Concepts: Introduction to payroll, Employee/Independent Contractor; Fair Labor Standards; Employment Forms
- Module 2: Payroll Calculations: Calculation of regular pay, Calculation of Over time Premium; Calculation of Gross Pay; Calculation of Federal Income, Social Security and Medicare Taxes; Calculation of AEIC; Calculation of Voluntary Deductions; Calculation of Involuntary Deductions; Calculations of Net Pay
- Module 3: Fringe Benefits: Fringe Benefits Rules; Nontaxable Benefits; Cafeteria Plans, Retirement Plans
- Module 4: Payroll Reporting and Employment Taxes: Tax Deposit Requirements; Quarterly Returns, Annual Returns;
- Module 5: Record Keeping and Payroll Practices: Systems; Penalties
- Module 6: Payroll Accounting: Accounting Terminology, Account Classification; Journal Entries; Reconciliations; Internal Control
- Module 7: Management & Administration: Customer Service; Time Management; Communication
The FPC and CPP certification exams are administered at Pearson VUE testing sites worldwide.
- Mac or Windows XP/Vista/7/8 operating system
- Word processing program (e.g., Microsoft Word) and Adobe Acrobat Reader
Internet access (high-speed connection recommended)