Course Code: CPD196
Duration: 40 hours,
Excelsior College has partnered with the American Payroll Association (APA) to bring you the Payroll Mastery program. PayTrain Mastery is a comprehensive course providing students with a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This course is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation.
PayTrain Mastery is a comprehensive course providing students with a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This course is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation. Please click here to find out more about eligibility.
Upon successful completion of the Payroll Mastery program, you’ll:
- Learn advanced skills for those experienced working in the payroll industry.
- Be prepared to sit for the Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP) examination.
- Module 1: Payroll Concepts: Introduction to payroll, Employee/Independent Contractor; Fair Labor Standards; Employment Forms
- Module 2: Payroll Calculations: Calculation of regular pay, Calculation of Over time Premium; Calculation of Gross Pay; Calculation of Federal Income, Social Security and Medicare Taxes; Calculation of AEIC; Calculation of Voluntary Deductions; Calculation of Involuntary Deductions; Calculations of Net Pay
- Module 3: Fringe Benefits: Fringe Benefits Rules; Nontaxable Benefits; Cafeteria Plans, Retirement Plans
- Module 4: Payroll Reporting and Employment Taxes: Tax Deposit Requirements; Quarterly Returns, Annual Returns;
- Module 5: Record Keeping and Payroll Practices: Systems; Penalties
- Module 6: Payroll Accounting: Accounting Terminology, Account Classification; Journal Entries; Reconciliations; Internal Control
- Module 7: Management & Administration: Customer Service; Time Management; Communication
|Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)||2015 Session||2016 Session|
|Spring Exam Dates||Mar 26 – Apr 23, 2016||March 2017|
|Fall Exam Dates||Sept 2016|
The FPC and CPP certification exams are administered at Pearson VUE testing sites worldwide.
- Mac or Windows XP/Vista/7/8 operating system
- Word processing program (e.g., Microsoft Word) and Adobe Acrobat Reader
Internet access (high-speed connection recommended)