Course Code: CPD097
Duration: 200 hours, 6 months*
The Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sports Online Training Program will teach you about developing individualized nutritional programs for clients, patients, or yourself. The American College of Sports Medicine has certified this curriculum. This innovative and comprehensive Web-based certificate program provides an in-depth examination of contemporary nutritional topics, such as meal plan analysis, functional food implementation, antioxidants, public nutrition, sports nutrition, vitamin supplementation, and weight management.
The textbook for this program is included. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that Educational Fitness Solutions, Inc, who works with us to bring you this program, meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2010 – 2013). Providership # 672784. This program is approved for 50 Continuing Education Credits through ACSM.
By completing the Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sports Program, you’ll:
- Understand functional food implementation
- Explore meal plan analysis
- Learn appropriate behavioral modifications and dietary approaches for different ages and populations
- Understand vitamin supplementation and weight management
- Gain a foundation for wellness nutrition based on current scientific research
- Understand how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors
- Learn how to personalize meal plans for yourself or your clients
- Identify common myths and fallacies concerning diet and athletic performance
- Nutrition and You: Functional Foods
- Define Functional Foods, Choosing Functional Foods, and Functional Foods Protection
- Understand How to Incorporate Spices Into Your Diet
- Review the General Guidelines and Foods to Include in Your Meal Plan
- Gain Knowledge of Diet Diversity and Free-radical Theory
- Weight Management and Nutrition in the Lifecyle
- Define Obesity, Incidence, and Contributing Factors
- Understand the Basic Principles of Obesity Treatment, Interventions, and Contributing Factors
- Review Fad Diets and Practical Strategies
- Learn About the Obesity Epidemic and Weight-Management Programs
- Introduction to Sports Nutrition and Performance
- Gain an Understanding of Nutrition, Exercise, and Sports-related Fitness
- Understand Nutrition for Performance and Energy Utilization
- Learn about Protein, Ergogenic Aids, and Hydration in Sports Nutrition
- Learn about Meals for Competitions
- Public Nutrition and Wellness Education
- Understand Genomics and Evidence-based Medicine
- Examine New, Yet Old, Healthful Diets
- The Role, Functions, and Recommendations for Vitamins
- What’s New in Wellness and Cancer Prevention
Nutrition for Health, Fitness, & Sport
This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC. Mac users must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files and Microsoft Word files. It is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. Students need Internet access with a 56K modem. It’s highly recommended that you have DSL or high-speed cable Internet access, 64 MB system RAM, 200 MB free hard-disk space memory or sufficient storage, a reliable e-mail account, CD-ROM/DVD capabilities, and a reliable Internet provider.
*Upon registering, you’re given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the six months, an extension of six months is available with a fee of $300. Students using VA benefits should refer to the Military page of our site to review the differences between online program access and VA rates of pursuit.