Course Code: CPD172
Duration: 360 hours hours, 6 months
Prior to registering for a program, we ask that you review the Sessions College Handbook
to ensure that you are able to abide by all the policies and schedules.
The Multimedia Arts program equips you with fundamental technical and conceptual skills to develop multimedia. In the program, you will develop the technical, creative, visual, and communications skills for entry-level professional work. You will develop visual design and web scripting foundational skills, learn how to apply motion theory to film and edit video. Upon completing the program, you will have developed a portfolio of highly engaging and interactive multimedia pieces.
Course topics include training in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects alongside motion theory, digital video editing, digital video production, and motion graphics.
The goal of the Multimedia Arts program is to equip you with fundamental technical and conceptual skills to develop multimedia. In the program, you will develop the technical, creative/visual, and communications skills for entry-level professional work.
- Digital Imaging
- Your work will demonstrate entry-level professional Photoshop skills and effective decisions in selecting and editing images. You will be able to improve images for professional publication by retouching and correction, and create realistic or imaginative images by compositing or collage.
- Motion Theory
- You will be able to apply basic physical properties of motion to sequential art, animation, and video. Your work will exhibit attention to the 12 traditional principles of animation in order to believably communicate motion.
- Web Scripting
- You will be able to create standards-compliant Web page layouts by hand-coding using HTML and CSS and publish them to the Web. You can create fixed and fluid multi-column page layouts using basic HTML to organize information and CSS to control presentation.
- You will be able to research and select appropriate typefaces and design typography to support the branding or communication goal of a particular client or project. You will demonstrate the ability to organize text into a clear, readable information hierarchy in page layouts while using display type for impact and expression.
- Video Production
- You will develop a good understanding of digital video production and how to plan, shoot, and digitize video footage, prepare it for editing, and output it for a variety of uses. Your shooting and editing will show a basic command of visual and auditory storytelling.
- Video Editing
- You will develop a proficiency in entry-level professional digital video editing techniques using a non-linear editing program. Your shooting and editing work shows the ability to create an effective, well-paced short narrative sequence and a control of rhythm, motion, and continuity.
- Motion Graphics
- You will be able to create simple, effective, and polished motion graphic work in After Effects. Your work will integrate text, graphics, video, and audio and show a command of layers, motion control, keyframing, time effects, and animation techniques.
Online Multimedia Arts Certificate – Sessions College
4218 Photoshop Basics
6001 Intro To Motion
4226 HTML and CSS Essentials
4221 Fundamentals Of Typography
8040 Digital Video Production
6225 Digital Video Editing I
6010 After Effects I
This program consists of seven required modules. For a full description of each program module please click on this link.
- A Windows-based or Macintosh computer that meets manufacturers’ requirements for required software in the program.
- Broadband access to the Internet
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or CC
- Adobe After Effects CS6 or CC
- Adobe Premiere Pro (recommended) or other non-linear editor (such as Final Cut Express)
- A digital video camera and ability to connect it to a computer to capture footage
- Program concentrations and course substitutions may involve additional requirements.
*SOFTWARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THIS PROGRAM.*
*Upon registering, you’re given an initial 24 weeks to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the 24 weeks, extensions of $25 per month are available.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR(S)
Outlines are subject to change.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-647-2388 ext. 11-8211