The Home Inspection Online Training Program covers the principal components of home inspection procedures and processes. You'll learn how to create a home inspection report that will detail the home's condition, including the heating and cooling systems, the plumbing and electrical systems, the roof and siding, and the framing and foundation.
The NIBI® Online Home Inspection Certificate Course will:
- Provide an introduction to the home inspection industry.
- Review home inspection standards of practice.
- Provide information on residential construction, materials, and installation practices.
- Address special concerns and issues related to house components.
- Cover resources, tools, and equipment used for home inspections.
- Review common safety concerns and personal protection issues.
- Provide general guidelines on inspection procedures.
- Address common communication issues, perspectives, and reporting formats.
Upon successful completion of the NIBI® Online Home Inspection Certificate, students will:
- Understand the purpose and scope of home inspection standards.
- Recognize and describe basic residential construction materials and techniques.
- Know basic procedures for inspecting a home.
- Know basic home inspection equipment and personal protective gear.
- Recognize common defects found in residential construction.
- Know the appropriate reporting methodologies
- Be able to sit for home inspection exams with reasonable expectation of success
- Roof Systems
- Exterior Elements
- Structural Systems
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Interior Elements
- Electric System Lesson
- Plumbing Systems
- Heating Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Hot-water Supply Systems
- Inspection Materials, Equipment, and Reporting
- You will receive additional CD/DVD reference materials to assist with or supplement the program. You are welcome to print out all of the online program material for future reference.
This program is compatible with Windows XP and later, Macintosh, and most later operating systems. It is also compatible with IE 7 and later IE browsers, Google Chrome, Firefox, and most other browsers.
- Minimum Hardware and Software Specifications:
- PC (133 Mhz or better)
- 16 MB RAM (32 MB recommended)
Some features of the program may not work properly on a Macintosh/Apple computer system.
Upon registering, you will receive an initial six months to complete the program. Should you need more time, you may request a six month extension at no additional charge. Students using VA benefits should refer to the Military page of our site to review the differences between online program access and VA rates of pursuit.