Course Code: CPD065
Duration: 300 hours, 12 months
The Grant Writing Online Training Program will teach you the essentials of writing, researching, obtaining, and maintaining grants. You’ll learn how to format your proposals, how to write effectively, and how to get funded.
By completing the Grant Writing Online Training Program, you’ll:
- Know how to research and find available grants
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal
- Develop the skills needed to prepare professional, competitive, compelling, and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Become knowledgeable on the fundamentals of legal writing, including analytical reasoning and analysis
- Learn how to word, edit, proofread, and format basic documents for daily use within an office environment
- Know how to form, maintain, and dissolve various business entities
- Examine the essential aspects of fundraising and how to maximize fundraising opportunities
- Introduction to Grant Research
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Advanced Grant Writing
- Non-profit Management and Governance
- Specialized Writing Techniques for Grants
- Technical Writing
- Writing Essentials
- Grammar Essentials
- Budgeting Essentials
- Fundraising Fundamentals
You’ll receive the following required textbooks with this program:
- Budgeting for Managers
- Practical Grant Writing and Program Evaluation
- How to Manage an Effective Non-Profit Organization
- Demystifying Grant Seeking
- The Elements of Technical Writing
- Grammar Essentials
This program must be taken from a PC. It is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection (a high-speed Internet connection is highly recommended). In addition, you’ll need to have Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Flash Plug-in, and a QuickTime plug-in on your computer (all are available through free downloads).
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR(S)
Dr. Katherine Squires-Pang
Katherine Squires Pang, J.D., LL.M., M.Ed received her B.A. in 1980 from Clark University, her J.D. from the University of Dayton Law School in 1982, her LL.M in Taxation from Georgetown University Law School in 1983, and her M.Ed from the University of Texas in 2001. She has practiced law with national law firms since 1983, ran for the United States Senate in California in 1994, and was appointed by Governor Wilson as a Commissioner to the WCAB from 1994 to 1996. Dr. Pang has served as an adjunct faculty member in the Graduate School of Management at the University of Texas, Dallas, and has been an adjunct faculty member in the law and business schools of many universities, including the Stern School of Business at New York University, Pepperdine University, USC, Golden Gate University, and the University of California, Irvine.
In addition to having over 20 years of law firm experience, Dr. Pang has founded several companies, including LawPrep, Inc., LawPrep Press, Inc., Legal EdNet.com, and EdWay Online. From 1989 to 1996, Dr. Pang authored several books, videos, and interactive CD-ROMs. Dr. Pang was also the manager for firm-wide practice section development, training, and forms for Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer, & Feld, L.L.P.
Dr. Pang has experience providing multimedia, interactive distributed learning to working professionals and adult learners in law and business through a variety of technologies, including video streaming and online conferencing (Webcasts, synchronous and asynchronous threaded discussion boards, and chat rooms) via the Internet and satellite, as well as ISDN-based videoconferencing on CD-ROM. Dr. Pang has been a speaker at the MEC 2001 Conference: Turning a New Page in Educational Technologies, sponsored by Arizona State University; the 2001 Conference on Training and Knowledge Management: Moving Beyond Training, sponsored by Generation 21 Learning Management Systems; and a speaker at various other e-learning conferences. She has design, development, implementation, and managerial experience in educational multimedia course design and creation. She has been responsible for course design and delivery using Macromedia Director, Windows Media Player, FrontPage, PowerPoint, Blackboard, Prometheus, WebCT, Webboard, and a host of other proprietary platforms. She also has experience with digital video, MPEG, MOV, and AVI Files.
Outlines are subject to change.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-647-2388 ext. 11-8211