Course Code: CPD065
Duration: 300 hours, 6 months
The Grant Writing Online Training Program will teach you the essentials of writing, researching, obtaining, and maintaining grants. You’ll learn about the grant environment and the roles and responsibilities of a board of directors at nonprofit organizations. You’ll develop skills to prepare, secure, and maintain grant funding from researching and finding grants to writing a compelling proposal, outlining budget essentials, and forming or dissolving various business entities.
In addition to learning the various aspects and goals for securing grant funding, you will also strengthen your technical writing skills to format, proofread, and edit effectively.
By completing the Grant Writing Online Training Program, you’ll:
- Know how to research and find available grants
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal
- Develop the skills needed to prepare professional, competitive, compelling, and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Become knowledgeable on the fundamentals of legal writing, including analytical reasoning and analysis
- Learn how to word, edit, proofread, and format basic documents for daily use within an office environment
- Know how to form, maintain, and dissolve various business entities
- Examine the essential aspects of fundraising and how to maximize fundraising opportunities
- Introduction to Grant Research
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Advanced Grant Writing
- Non-profit Management and Governance
- Specialized Writing Techniques for Grants
- Technical Writing
- Writing Essentials
- Grammar Essentials
- Budgeting Essentials
- Fundraising Fundamentals
You’ll receive the following required textbooks with this program:
- Budgeting for Managers
- Practical Grant Writing and Program Evaluation
- How to Manage an Effective Non-Profit Organization
- Demystifying Grant Seeking
- The Elements of Technical Writing
- Grammar Essentials
This program must be taken from a PC. It is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection (a high-speed Internet connection is highly recommended). In addition, you’ll need to have Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Flash Plug-in, and a QuickTime plug-in on your computer (all are available through free downloads).
Upon registering, you will receive an initial six months to complete the program. Should you need more time, you may request a six month extension at no additional charge.