Digital Imaging using Adobe Photoshop
Course Code: CPD160
Duration: 90 hours hours, 6 months
Adobe Illustrator is a powerful tool used to create illustrations, logos, and graphics for print and the Internet. In this intensive program, Digital Illustration using Adobe Illustrator, you'll master the essentials of Illustrator, explore advanced features such as gradient meshes, symbols, and graphic styles, and explore how a professional illustrator approaches creating editorial illustrations, icons, retro poster designs, among other projects.
The program consists of three modules: Illustrator Basics, Illustrator Advanced, and Digital Illustration Advanced. You'll build a foundation in Illustrator and learn techniques used by professional illustrators and designers.
- Upon successful completion of the Digital Imaging using Adobe Photoshop program, you’ll know how to use Photoshop to:
- Use basic selection tools and edge refinement and manipulate layers.
- Create composite images and prepare images for Web and print.
- Apply masks and blend modes to create sophisticated image effects.
- Create adjustment layers and set and modify typography using Type tools.
- Apply special effects to typography using masks, paths, and layer styles.
- Use brushes, blending, and filters to enhance images.
- Evaluate and correct image imperfections.
- Configure Photoshop to present and measure color properly and consistently.
- Use target swatches to create calibration curves.
- Identify specular highlights, diffuse highlights, midtones, shadows, and color casts in an image.
- Perform adjustments using Curves and Levels and correct skin tone.
- Learn the appropriate uses and settings for EPS and TIF file output and how to proof and convert images for printing.
- Draw and manipulate custom vector shapes using the Pen tool and shape tools.
- Create precise selections in low-contrast images using vector masks and paths.
- Use Smart Objects in Photoshop to non-destructively edit, link, update images.
- Sharpen, blur, and vignette images using customizable and editable Smart Filters.
- Apply professional-quality typography in Photoshop, considering leading, kerning, tracking, baseline shift, and ligatures.
- Utilize blend modes, gradients, and the Refine Edge dialog to combine images seamlessly.
- Retouch and alter photographs non-destructively, using faux dodging and burning, Content-Aware tools, and adjustment layers.
- Create attractive grayscale, partial grayscale, and duotone images.
- Use Kuler, the Swatches panel, and Color Libraries to effectively select and manage color schemes.
- Create custom brushes, use the Mixer Brush for freehand painting in Photoshop, and turn images into paintings.
- Photoshop Basics
- Photoshop Is a Verb
- Layers, Cloning, And Other Ways to Rule the World
- Layer Magic With Masks and Blending
- Typography in Photoshop
- A Brush With Brushes
- Filters and Retouching
- Color Correction
- Color Fundamentals
- Measuring and Calibrating Color
- Color Image Evaluation
- Correcting Color Accurately
- Color Correction Workflow
- Finishing Up Your Color Images
- Photoshop Advanced
- Drawing with Vector Tools
- Working with Smart Objects
- Creating Professional Text
- Combining Images
- Advanced Photo Editing Techniques
- Color and Painting in Photoshop
The program is delivered entirely online. Students have 24/7 access to the school learning environment. No textbooks are required for the program. The program is built around award-winning online curriculum developed by Sessions College for Professional Design faculty. All coursework and materials required to complete each course are provided in an online learning environment, including orientation materials, lectures, exercises, critique and discussion forums, videos, multimedia tools, and an online library.
This program can be taken on PC or Mac. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended. Students will need a basic familiarity with computers and must be comfortable navigating the internet. Here is a summary of requirements:
- Computer with Internet connection (56 Kbps modem or faster).
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or CC.
- Digital camera and color printer recommended but not required.
*SOFTWARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THIS PROGRAM.*