CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
Course Code: CPD052
Duration: 110 hours, 6 months*
A CompTIA™ Network+ Certification is a widely recognized and respected credential within the Information Technology industry. With this certification, you can demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skillset to take on a critical role in data networking.
If you're relatively new to IT and/or networking, CompTIA™ Network+ is an industry recommended certification as a first step in professional-level networking.
Throughout this program you'll build upon your existing IT knowledge by exploring computer networking concepts, including layers of the OSI model and the TCP/IP model.
*Upon completion of the program, you will be given a voucher to take the CompTIA™ Network+ certifying exam.
This program will prepare you for a career as a network technician and qualify you to take the CompTIA™ Network+ certification exam (N10-006). CompTIA’s Network+ certification is vendor-neutral and will give you the skills you need to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, and configure basic network infrastructure. You’ll master basic networking concepts and gain a fundamental knowledge of network design, security, cloud computing, forensics, advanced IP addressing concepts, and routing and switching. Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive an exam voucher for N10-006 at no additional cost.
- Network Architecture
- Explain network devices
- Compare network services and applications
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, and NAT
- WAN Technologies
- Cabling and Connectors
- Network Topologies
- Network Infrastructure Implementation
- TCP/IP concepts – IPv6, IPv4
- Routing concepts and protocols
- Unified communication technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Implement a basic network
- Network Operations
- Monitoring Tools
- Analyze metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking
- Configuration management
- Network segmentation
- Apply patches and updates
- Configure switches
- Configure wireless LANs
- Network Security
- Risk Management
- Network vulnerabilities and threats
- Network hardening techniques
- Physical security controls
- Configure a firewall
- Network Access Control Models
- Network troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Wireless
- Troubleshooting common copper cable issues
- Troubleshoot fiber cable issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Troubleshoot WAN issues
- Industry standards, practices and network theory
- OSI Model
- Network theory and concepts
- Deploy wireless standards
- Wired connectivity
- Network policies and procedures
- Configure equipment and locations
- Change management
- Ports and protocols
- Network+ Guide to Networks
High-speed Internet is recommended. This program can be taken on a PC or a Mac. Although the labs can only be completed on a PC. This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
You will also need to have the latest versions of Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader to properly view all program content. In addition, you will need Windows Media Player Series 11 or later, DirectX 9+, and Java.
Although it’s not a prerequisite, it’s helpful if you have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration or academic training, along with a CompTIA™ A+ certification.
*Upon registering, you’re given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the six months, an extension of three months is available for a fee of $75.